Dropshipping is when a customer places an order with a retailer, who then orders the item from the supplier, and the supplier then sends it directly to the customer. This cuts out the need for the retailer to hold large amounts of stock and massively reduces the necessary capital needed. Cloud Commerce Pro can simplify this process even further by automatically contacting the supplier when a customer places a dropship order.
Dropship is incredibly easy to use with Cloud Commerce Pro and only requires a few simple steps to get up and running.
For a guide on setting up manual dropship, click here: Setting Up Manual Dropship Suppliers
1. Dropship Template Setup – Configuration
A template needs to be created to form the email that will be sent to the supplier when a dropship order is made.
Click “Configuration” from the Admin Centre.
2. Dropship Template Setup – Configuration Menu
From the configuration menu, click “Template Editor”.
3. Dropship Template Setup – Template Editor
From the template editor click “New” to start making a new template.
4. Dropship Template Setup – Template Wizard
1. Language – Select “UK English” as the language.
2. Category – Set the category to “General”
3. Template Name – Give your template a clear name to distinguish it from the others and to ensure you can easily assign it to the relevant trigger later on.
4. Subject – Use the subject field to enter a brief description of the templates function. If this is obvious, simply re-use the template name for the subject field.
5. Source Code – Click the source code button to open a new window in which HTML code can be added in order to generate your template.
5. Dropship Template Setup – Source Code
1. Copy the HTML code below and paste it into the code window.
2. Click “Ok” to continue.
6. Dropship Template Setup – Template Preview
The HTML code above will produce an email like this one, but due to the tags, the various details and company logo will be changed to the ones that are relevant for each order.
7. Dropship Template Setup – Saving Template
You can alter the template to personalise it either by changing the HTML code in source code mode or by changing it directly on the wizard.
Templates are an advanced feature, so if you need help or advice please contact the Cloud Commerce Pro support team.
We also have a more in depth guide on templates which you can find here: Creating Templates & Triggers
When you are happy with your template, click “Save” to continue.
8. Dropship Trigger Setup – Configuration Menu
Every template needs a trigger in order to function by creating a link between the template and an action. This establishes the exact scenario in which Cloud Commerce Pro should generate the templateand what to do with it.
From the configuration menu, under the Letters section, click “Triggers”
9. Dropship Trigger Setup – Create Template Links
Scroll down to the bottom of the Triggers page to create a new template link.
1. Trigger – Select “OrderPlacedDropshipNotification” from the drop down menu as your trigger.
2. Template – Select the template you created for dropship orders earlier from the drop down menu.
3. Method – From the drop down menu, select “Email” as the method.
4. Save – Click “Save” to confirm your choices and continue.
10. Supplier Setup – Admin Centre
Next we will look at adding dropship to a supplier.
From the Admin Centre click “Suppliers”
11. Supplier Setup – Supplier List
From the list of suppliers, select the one you want to apply dropshipping to.
12. Supplier Setup – Supplier Details
On the Supplier Details page locate the Purchase Order Type section and click “Edit”.
13. Supplier Setup – Purchase Order Type
1. Type – From the drop down menu, select “Dropship”. The “Dropship Manual” option relates to the non-automated version of dropshipping which is covered in a separate guide. The “Purchase Order” option turns off dropship.
2. Update – Tick the box marked “Update product links” to flag all the products assigned to this supplier for dropshipping.
3. Save / Back – Click “Save” to confirm your selection or “Back” to return to the previous screen without making any changes.
14. Product Exclusion – Admin Centre
You may onlywant certain products assigned to a supplier to be used for dropship or to exclude some. You can do this by editing the product.
If you do not wish to exclude any products, you can finish here as your dropship supplier is now fully functional.
From the Admin Centre click “Products” to continue.
15. Product Exclusion – Product Range List
From the Product Range List page locate the product variation you want to assign dropship to. You can either use the “Search” function or the alphabetised filters.
16. Product Exclusion – Product Variation
On the product variation page locate the Suppliers section and click “Edit”.
17. Product Exclusion – Factory Price Editor
1. Beside the supplier there will be a check box for “Dropship?”. Un-check this to exclude this product variation from dropshipping with the attached supplier.
2. Click “Save” to confirm your selection or “Back” to go to the previous page.
Now your dropship setup has been fully automated, so when a customer places an order for an item that you have setup in this way, the supplier will be automatically emailed.