This guide will take you through the process of adding products on the Cloud Commerce Pro EPOS till system and taking a payment.
The CCP EPOS System is a piece of software giving you control over your customer facing business with an intuitive interface that is both powerful and user friendly.
1. Logging In
1. Till User – Select between “Till Operator” and “Till Manager” depending on who will be using the till. The Till Manager user has access to Statistics mode that shows a history of sales as well as the ability to create and edit the float and balance the till for cashing up purposes. Statistics mode is explained in more detail in another guide.
2. Confirmation – Click “OK” to continue.
2. Sales Mode
1. Sales Tab – Once logged in the default view is the sales tab allowing you to start processing sales right away.
2. Search – There are 3 ways to add a product, either by the “Search” button, the “Products” button or by scanning a barcode. Scanning a barcode will be the most typical way of adding products, but for times when barcodes become damaged and unreadable or if you would rather not use barcode scanners, then manually adding products are an efficient alternative.
First of all we will add a product using the search function. Click the “Search” button to continue.
1. Search Bar – Use the search bar to look for a specific product or enter keywords to narrow the results.
2. Selection – Navigate to the product you want to sell and click it. A small arrow will appear on the left of the listing to confirm it has been selected.
3. Accept – Click the “Accept” button to continue.
4. Product Added
1. The product you added will appear on the main sales screen.
2. The second way to add a product is to use the Browse Products mode. Click the “Products” button to continue.
5. Browse Products Mode – Select Category
All of your products will initially be displayed in the categories as set on Cloud Commerce Pro.
Click a category of products to navigate to the item you want to add.
6. Browse Products Mode – Select Product
Once a category has been selected, the EPOS system will display all products in that category using the main image for that item, making it easy to spot the product you are looking for at a glance. A short description beneath each image helps distinguish similar looking products.
Click the product you want to sell to continue.
7. Browse Products Mode – Quantity
A keypad will be displayed to prompt you for the quantity of the product you want to add. If you need to change the quantity after this point, it can be done on the main sales page before committing to the sale.
8. Browse Products Mode – Add Multiple Products
1. The product you selected will appear in the window on the right to show it is ready to be added to the sale.
2. You can add multiple products by clicking a category and repeating the previous steps.
3. Once you have added all the products you need, click “Accept” to continue.
9. Multiple Products Added
1. The products you added via the Browse Products Mode appear on the sales screen in the same way as those added through the search.
The third way to add a product and the most efficient in a retail environment is with a barcode scanner. Scanning a barcode adds the products to the main sales page in the same way that search mode does, with each scan adding a single item. Multiple scans of the same barcode can be used to add multiples of the same product.
2. To make adjustments to products such as discounts, first you must select the item you want to adjust and click the “Adjustments” button.
10. Applying Individual Discounts
Before reaching this window a keypad will be displayed prompting you for the managers PIN. This ensures staff members can not discount items without managerial oversight.
It is important to bear in mind that if you add multiple quantities of the same item and then apply a discount, it will be applied to each of those items, not just one of them. If you need to sell multiples of the same item, but not discount all of them, you would have to process the discounted products on a separate transaction.
1. Discount – To apply a discount to your product, click the tick box next to “Apply Discount” before clicking on the type of discount you want to apply. There are three types to choose from:
- By Amount – This deducts a specific amount from the value of the products selected.
- By % – This will deduct a certain percentage from the value of the products selected.
- To Value – This alters the price of the selected products to a specific value.
2. VAT Relief – If for any reason you need to waive the VAT on an item, you can tick the box under VAT Relief and click “Apply”.
3. Accept – Click “Accept” to confirm your choice and continue.
11. Discount ForThe Whole Order
To add a discount for the whole order rather than individual items, click the shopping basket icon from the sales page.
12. Applying Discount For The Whole Order
As with individual discounts, before reaching this window a keypad will be displayed prompting you for the managers PIN.
1. Discount – To apply a discount to the whole of your order, click the tick box next to “Apply Discount” before clicking on the type of discount you want to apply. There are two types to choose from:
- By Amount – This deducts a specific amount from the value of the order.
- By % – This will deduct a certain percentage from the value of the order.
It is important to note that when adding an order discount the system will try to divide the amount of discount across the items, but because discounts have to be added to individual items for accounting purposes, in some cases the EPOS may not be able to divide the amount you choose by the amount of items on the order. If this is the case the EPOS will adjust the discount to the nearest amount possible.
2. VAT Relief – If you need to waive the VAT on an item, you can tick the box under VAT Relief and click “Apply”.
3. Accept – Click “Accept” to confirm your choice and continue.
13. Commit Sale
1. Discounts Applied – Any adjustments made will be reflected in the price shown on the sales tab.
2. Increase / Decrease Quantity – By selecting a product, you can increase or decrease the quantity with the – and + buttons in the bottom right. Decreasing the quantity to zero will remove the product from the sale.
3. Commit Sale – Once all products have been added and any necessary adjustments made, click “Commit Sale” to go to the payment options screen.
14. Payment Options
There are five payment options available at the point of sale:
1. Cash – Click this button when taking a payment in cash.
2. Credit Note – If your store uses credit notes, click this to allow a customer to pay via one.
3. Manual Card – These are card payments not directly linked to the EPOS system. For example, you might allow customers to pay via PayPal which would be processed on another screen, but you still want the amount registering on the till system for the sake of calculating your end of day figures.
4. Integrated Card – This allows customers to pay via card with an integrated PDQ machine.
5. Cheque – Although they are becoming an increasingly unsupported payment method in the retail sector, you may still wish to accept cheques. Use this button to register a cheque as a payment.
15. Confirm Sale
Regardless of the payment method selected, you will be brought to the same confirmation screen with details of the amount taken, the total of the sale and any change that may be due.Click “Confirm” to finalise the sale or “Cancel” to void the sale. Voiding the sale in this way will cancel the whole transaction and take you back to the sales tab.
16. Sale Complete
After confirming or voiding a sale, you will be returned to the sales mode tab ready to make your next transaction.
Subscribe to our free Newsletter:
Cloud Commerce Pro · Telephone House · Fenton Street · Lancaster · LA1 1AB
Cloud Commerce Pro is a cloud-based system, and only accessible by secure login on your internet browser, so there’s no need for licenses or software downloads. Cloud Commerce Pro is compatible with the latest PC and Apple Mac browsers.