This guide will take you through the process of adding a payment manually and then allocating it to multiple invoices.
While Cloud Commerce Pro allocates payments automatically in most cases, there may be times when you want to do it manually such as for trade sellers.
For a detailed guide on the customer accounts screen click here.
1. Admin Centre
Click “My Customers” from the Admin Centre.
2. Company List
1. Search – Locate the company / customer you want to add a payment for either by narrowing the list alphabetically or using the search box provided.
2. Select – Once located, click the supplier from the list.
3. Company Details
The company / customer details page gives you all the basic information pertaining to that customer at a glance.
Click “View Accounts” from one of the two locations as shown in figures 1 & 2 above.
4. Company Accounts
The company / customer accounts page gives a breakdown of your financial interactions with this particular customer.
If you need to add a payment for multiple invoices or for a partial payment towards an invoice, click “Payment”.
5. Add Manual Payment
1. Date – Add the date that the payment was made.
2. Payment Method – From the drop down menu, select the method the payment has been made by. The options are as follows:
- Standing Order
- Direct Debit
- Online Bank Transfer
- Payment Gateway
3. Description – Add a short description to help identify the payment. This can be useful to add notes such as “partial payment” etc
4. Amount £ – Enter the total amount of the payment being added.
5. Bank Account – Select the relevant bank account from the drop down menu.
6. Pay Now – Click “Pay Now” to confirm your choices and continue.
A confirmation will appear to let you know you can now allocate your payment towards outstanding invoices.
Click “OK” to continue.
7. Payment Added
1. Statement – Your new payment will appear under statements.
2. Allocate – Click “Allocate” to continue.
8. Invoice Allocation
1. Non-Allocated Payments – The payment you added will appear under non-allocated payments. Click the payment, highlighting it in yellow to select it for use.
2. Outstanding Invoices – Select the invoices you want to apply payment to, highlighting them as above. Click “Apply Full” to allocate the full amount towards the invoice. If you need to make a partial payment, type the amount you want to use in the box under “Allocate”.
3. Confirmation – When you have your payments allocated, click “Confirm Allocations” to continue.
If the amount allocated was lower than the payment, a pop-up will display to confirm this is what you wanted to do. The outstanding amount of the payment can be used again for other invoices when the Invoice Allocation page is visited in the future.
Click “Yes” to continue or “No” to cancel the allocation and go back to the Invoice Allocation screen.
10. Allocation Complete
You will be returned to the Company Accounts screen. The invoices for which you allocated payments will now display an outstanding balance of zero in the Statement section and will no longer show on the Invoice Allocation page.
Subscribe to our free Newsletter:
Cloud Commerce Pro · Telephone House · Fenton Street · Lancaster · LA1 1AB
Cloud Commerce Pro is a cloud-based system, and only accessible by secure login on your internet browser, so there’s no need for licenses or software downloads. Cloud Commerce Pro is compatible with the latest PC and Apple Mac browsers.