This guide will take you through the process of setting up a supplier for manual dropship and how to use it.
Dropshipping is when a customer places an order with a retailer, who then orders the item from the supplier, and the supplier then sends it directly to the customer. This cuts out the need for the retailer to hold large amounts of stock and massively reduces the necessary capital needed.
Dropship is incredibly easy to use with Cloud Commerce Pro and only requires a few simple steps to get up and running.
For a guide on setting up automated dropship suppliers, click here: Setting Up Automated Dropship Suppliers
1. Dropship Template Setup – Configuration
A template needs to be created to form the email that will be sent to the supplier when a dropship order is made.
Click “Configuration” from the Admin Centre.
2. Dropship Template Setup – Configuration Menu
From the configuration menu, click “Template Editor”.
3. Dropship Template Setup – Template Editor
From the template editor click “New” to start making a new template.
4. Dropship Template Setup – Template Wizard
1. Language – Select “UK English” as the language.
2. Category – Set the category to “General”
3. Template Name – Give your template a clear name to distinguish it from the others and to ensure you can easily assign it to the relevant trigger later on.
4. Subject – Use the subject field to enter a brief description of the templates function. If this is obvious, simply re-use the template name for the subject field.
5. Source Code – Click the source code button to open a new window in which HTML code can be added in order to generate your template.
5. Dropship Template Setup – Source Code
1. Copy the HTML code below and paste it into the code window.
2. Click “Ok” to continue.
6. Dropship Template Setup – Template Preview
The HTML code above will produce an email like this one, but due to the tags, the various details and company logo will be changed to the ones that are relevant for each order.
7. Dropship Template Setup – Saving Template
You can alter the template to personalise it either by changing the HTML code in source code mode or by changing it directly on the wizard.
Templates are an advanced feature, so if you need help or advice please contact the Cloud Commerce Pro support team.
We also have a more in depth guide on templates which you can find here: Creating Templates & Triggers
When you are happy with your template, click “Save” to continue.
8. Dropship Trigger Setup – Configuration Menu
Every template needs a trigger in order to function by creating a link between the template and an action. This establishes the exact scenario in which Cloud Commerce Pro should generate the templateand what to do with it.
From the configuration menu, under the Letters section, click “Triggers”
9. Dropship Trigger Setup – Create Template Links
Scroll down to the bottom of the Triggers page to create a new template link.
1. Trigger – Select “OrderPlacedDropshipNotification” from the drop down menu as your trigger.
2. Template – Select the template you created for dropship orders earlier from the drop down menu.
3. Method – From the drop down menu, select “Email” as the method.
4. Save – Click “Save” to confirm your choices and continue.
10. Supplier Setup – Admin Centre
Next we will look at adding dropship to a supplier.
From the Admin Centre click “Suppliers”
11. Supplier Setup – Supplier List
From the list of suppliers, select the one you want to apply dropshipping to.
12. Supplier Setup – Supplier Details
On the Supplier Details page locate the Purchase Order Type section and click “Edit”.
13. Supplier Setup – Purchase Order Type
1. Type – From the drop down menu, select “Dropship Manual”. The other “Dropship” option relates to automated dropshipping which is covered in a separate guide. The “Purchase Order” turns off dropship.
2. Update – Tick the box marked “Update product links” to flag all the products assigned to this supplier for dropshipping.
3. Save / Back – Click “Save” to confirm your selection or “Back” to return to the previous screen without making any changes.
14. Product Exclusion – Admin Centre
You may only want certain products assigned to a supplier to be used for dropship or to exclude some. You can do this by editing the product.
If you do not wish to exclude any products, you can skip to step 18.
From the Admin Centre click “Products” to continue.
15. Product Exclusion – Product Range List
From the Product Range List page locate the product variation you want to assign dropship to. You can either use the “Search” function or the alphabetised filters.
16. Product Exclusion – Product Variation
On the product variation page locate the Suppliers section and click “Edit”.
17. Product Exclusion – Factory Price Editor
1. Beside the supplier there will be a check box for “Dropship?”. Un-check this to exclude this product variation from dropshipping with the attached supplier.
2. Click “Save” to confirm your selection or “Back” to go to the previous page.
18. Using Dropship – Admin Centre
Now that dropship has been configured, you can start to use it for relevant orders.
Click “Order Dispatch” from the Admin Centre.
19. Using Dropship – Order Dispatch
1. Selection – There are multiple ways to select dropship orders. You can navigate to them directly if you know what you are looking for or use filters to view only orders from certain sales channels or suppliers. Since you are simply going to analyse your orders to check for any dropship ones, it is easiest to simply select all of them using the check box at the top.
2. Actions – Hover the mouse over “Actions” for more options.
20. Using Dropship – Actions
Click “Dropship Analysis” from the Actions menu.
21. Using Dropship – Dropship Analysis
Dropship analysis checks all the orders selected and filters out the ones that can be dropshipped.
1. Dropship Orders – If the analysis finds any orders that are setup for dropship, they will be grouped together by supplier and shown here.
2. Non-Dropship Orders – Orders analysed that do not have a dropship supplier attached will be filtered from the rest, but displayed for your information.
3. Email Suppliers – If you want emails sending to the supplier to request the drop, ensure this box is checked.
4. Dispatch Dropshipped Items – Check this box if you want to items being dropshipped to be marked as dispatched on any relevant external sales channels.
5. Confirm / Cancel – Click “Confirm” to finalise your choices and dispatch any dropship orders selected or click “Cancel” to go back to the previous page.
When we update the software be first to find out, subscribe now:
Cloud Commerce Pro · Telephone House · Fenton Street · Lancaster · LA1 1AB
Cloud Commerce Pro is a cloud-based system, and only accessible by secure login on your internet browser, so there’s no need for licenses or software downloads. Cloud Commerce Pro is compatible with the latest PC and Apple Mac browsers.