This guide will take you through the process of how to correctly configure Amazon repricing with Cloud Commerce Pro.
Repricing automates the small price adjustments needed to stay ahead of the competition on Amazon. As more sellers list the same item you will want to reduce prices to remain competitive, and increase prices when items become less represented.
Cloud Commerce Pro already holds all the details of the items you are listing and can therefore reprice items much more accurately, taking into account things like real stock levels and cost prices.
1. Admin Centre
Click “Selling” from the Admin Centre.
2. Sales Channel List
Locate your Amazon sales channel from the list and click it to continue.
3. Sales Channel Details
From the sales channel click the “Repricing” button.
4. Repricing – Min/Max
1. Mode – By default the repricing page will be in Min/Max mode. This displays the various prices involved in repricing. The different modes are explained in more detail below.
2. Cur Price – The current price of that particular listing.
3. Min Price – The minimum price you want the listing to be adjusted to. This is an important safeguard to prevent your listings dropping below cost price when competitors price items very low.
4. Max Price – The maximum amount a listing can be adjusted to. People often think of repricing in terms of listings being reduced in price, but there are times when the price can increase. For example, if there is a surge of interest in a product causing stock to become scarce across all sellers, your listing can increase in price up to the ceiling you set with your max price, as long as it is still cheaper than the competition. You can also use max price to ensure the price never goes over a certain level, such as the manufacturers RRP.
5. Low Price -The closest non-ignored competitor.
5. Repricing – Filters
1. Status – This allows you to filter your Amazon listings based on 4 different status’:
- Listings set up (All)
- Listings at Max Price
- Listings at Min Price
- Listings NOT set up
2. Mode – Although not a filter, there are 3 modes that can be set to display your listings differently. The Min/Max section for the listing will change to display various rules depending on which mode is set.
- Min/Max – Displays the various prices being used to calculate the repricing of the listing.
- Base Rules – Displays the default rules being applied to the listing.
- Your Rules – Displays any rules you have created and applied to a listing.
3. Stock Level – This allows you to filter between “in stock” and “out of stock” listings. By default all will be shown.
4. FBA – Here you can filter between items set to be fulfilled by Amazon or not. By default all will be shown.
5. Options/Values – This allows you to filter by various options such as size, colour and brand. First you use the drop down menu to select the required option, then click the drop down a second time to select from a list of values from which to filter by. Press the blue button to reset the drop down menu back to default.
6. Rules – This section will change depending on the mode that is set. In Min/Max this will not display. Use the drop down to filter against certain rules.
7. Search – If you want to look for a specific product, you can type keywords into the search bar.
6. Repricing – Actions
Hover the mouse over the “Actions” button for a series of options for that particular listing.
1. View Item – Displays your listing as it appears on Amazon.
2. Edit Item Details – Opens a new window with options to change your pricing information as well how much they incrementally increase and decrease (see step 7).
3. Edit Item Rules – Opens the Repricing Rules window which allows you to apply previously created rules to the listing or create new ones (see steps 8-10).
4. View Item Log – Displays a log of all the times repricing has been applied to the listing.
5. View Competitors – Displays a detailed list of each competitor selling the same item along with price information (see step 11).
6. Force a reprice now – Forces the system to scan for any required repricing adjustments.
7. Repricing – Actions: Edit Item Details
The item details window displays the current stock level and price of an item and gives you the option to alter the following:
1. Default Shipping – Set the default shipping cost.
2. Minimum / Maximum Price – Alter the minimum and maximum prices so a price between these two figures can be set based on the current competition.
3. Increase / Decrease By – Alter the increment at which to increase or decrease your listing price by when an adjustment is made.
8. Repricing – Actions: Edit Item Rules
1. Current Rules – Any rules currently applied to the listing will appear here.
2. Unlink – To remove a current rule click “Unlink”.
3. My Rules – Use the drop down box to view all previously created rules. To use the rule, select it and click “Apply This Rule”.
4. Create New Rule – Opens a window to create a new rule. See the next step for more details.
9. Repricing – Actions: Creating New Rules
1. Rule Scope – Select from one of two options:
- Product Rule – The rule will only apply to this product or a selection of products you have filtered down to.
- System Rule – The rule will apply to all of your listings.
2. Type – Click the drop down menu and select from an extensive list of rule types to fit what you are trying to achieve.
3. Rule Name – Give your rule a name so it can be easily identified and used again in the future.
4. Save – Click “Save” to finalise your choices and save the rule. Bear in mind that at this point the rule has been created, but has not been assigned to anything. This is only a concern for product rules.
10. Repricing – Actions: Applying New Rule
Apply the new rule as shown in step 8. You will be asked if you want to apply the rule to each item in the current search / filtered results or not.
11. Repricing – Actions: Competitor Details
The competitor details page contains useful information about other sellers listing the same product. This can be used to inform your choices for your minimum and maximum pricing threshold.
Subscribe to our free Newsletter:
Cloud Commerce Pro · Telephone House · Fenton Street · Lancaster · LA1 1AB
Cloud Commerce Pro is a cloud-based system, and only accessible by secure login on your internet browser, so there’s no need for licenses or software downloads. Cloud Commerce Pro is compatible with the latest PC and Apple Mac browsers.